Breaches in data security are constantly in the news, and you mostly hear about the big companies, but seldom hear about data security breaches in small companies. Often, small companies never know that they have been compromised.
Attacks are coming from all directions. More Hackers are targeting cloud data, looking for personal information for identity and credit theft. Regular attacks are also targeted at small businesses that have limited security protection in place.
The majority of data breaches originate inside company walls. Employees and negligence are the leading cause of security incidents but remain the least reported issue. According to industry research, this represented 59 percent of security incidents in the last year. Currently, only 54 percent of organizations report they conduct security awareness training for their employees who have access to sensitive or confidential personal information.
Previously IT departments were responsible for explaining security incidents and cyber attacks, but it has expanded from a tech problem to a corporate-wide issue, with business leaders being held accountable for data breaches. Executives are expected to have a data breach response plan, have appropriate security protocols in the workplace, and provide a clearly defined chain of response should a breach occur. This oversight rarely exists today.
Data protection needs to be controlled and monitored on both the inside and the outside of the network.
- Hackers attempting to get through your firewall
- Malicious websites
- Email viruses
- Social engineering
- Wireless access
- Disgruntled employees
- People who have physical access to your network
How does Stratti help you with data security and system protection?
- Ensuring best practices are implemented, including password control, limited access, data encryption
- Providing monitored and maintained antivirus and malware protection
- Provide comprehensive PCI, and HIPPA compliance assessment reports
- Installing the appropriate firewalls with Unified Threat Management (UTM), and notification.
- Ensuring you have a disaster recovery plan
- Security Awareness training your staff
Stratti can perform a detailed security assessment to show the vulnerabilities of your systems and network. Let us help your businesses protect your valuable assets, and prepare for what is on the horizon.