The Wiring Technician is responsible for implementing project plans including low voltage wiring work and installing of switches, access points, and other network hardware and ancillary equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All incoming system troubleshooting and repairs of network infrastructure
- Build and configure new networks (CAT5, CAT6, Fiber, Wireless)
- Install and Maintain Video security systems
- Install and Maintain Wired and Wireless networks
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving wireless equipment
- System build documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, and repair status
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Four (4) years of experience in similar MSP positions.
- History of network and firewall administration (Cisco, Sophos, Sonicwall).
- Strong network, server and workstation trouble-shooting knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills (courteous, tactful, and professional demeanor).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to groups.
- Reliable work ethic.
- Live within 20 miles from Chico, Ca
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possesses basic wiring and networking knowledge (up to two years of experience in the networking field).
- Experience with Local Area Networks and Data Communications wiring highly recommended.
- Knowledge of electronics, electrical, and fiber optics beneficial.
- Possesses reading, writing, comprehension, and mathematical skills
- Basic understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment with minimal supervision
- Physical Activity: Climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, stooping, talking, and walking
- $22 - $25 per hour
- Full-time permanent position
- Full Benefits
- Potential Bonus Pay
Email your Cover letter, Resume, and Three (3) work references to